Trade Marketing Manager (Off Trade)
Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super-premium beers, bringing together iconic brands such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Fuller’s London Pride and Meantime. Our Vision is to be the leading super-premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. Not only for our consumers but also for you: a senior marketing professional with the ideas, appetite and expertise to change the way people think about beer.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
At Asahi UK, we embrace the very ethos of bringing the best quality of beer to life, through our premium brands and unique people. We pride ourselves on our ‘challenger mind-set’ and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles in a strongly self-invested manner, we unleash potential from within. We’re resourceful, innovative, united behind common business goals, well-defined processes and a robust strategy.
Having diverse brands as well as passionate and diverse people ensures we cherish and value differences and uniqueness. We are agile in our thinking, collaborative and creative in our approach, transparent in everything we do. Our people own their actions and have opportunities to lead change. For us, the drive for results and the thirst for success are synonymous with creating direct value for our consumers, our customers, our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
As our business continues to grow and we align our teams to deliver our ambitious plans we have a unique and very exciting opportunity for a Trade Marketing Manager - Off Trade to join our Asahi UK Marketing team.
As Trade Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing and delivering BTL strategies and activation within key Off Trade channels. This role will take the lead in developing the point of purchase strategy for our brands to unlock opportunities and deliver best in class activation across a variety of customers/distributors. This will be achieved through full customer ownership and the infiltration and engagement of senior customer/distributor teams whilst deploying global activation toolkits in order for our brands to be presented to shoppers/guests in a way that reflects their super-premium positioning.
The role will also be the lead for the activation strategy, translating global activation guidelines to local execution; setting the agenda for category leading activation through new and existing initiatives that drives shopper conversion and basket spend. Dealing with a range of relationships both internally and externally it will ensure our brand building integrity is protected whilst delivering plans that convince customers to support the long term strategic agenda and drive engagement with their shoppers/guests.
Working closely with the Head of Trade Marketing, the brand teams and other key stakeholders, this role will ensure differentiated activation, and the use of insight to drive shopper engagement and conversion within customer environments.
- Accountabilities across a wide remit incl. interface with and a requirement to influence & partner multiple stakeholders & functions.
- Develop best in class activation within customer environments
- Develop and activate customer activation plans
- Lead all marketing conversations and implementation within key customers/distributors
- Delivery of BTL planning process for channel and brand plans for IAP, taking ownership of plans.
- Utilise insight from rich distributor / customer and agency data to understand key trends and evaluate to identify relevant customer activations
- Collaborate with wider Customer Development team in-country and Performance & Planning team to create market leading sell plans that drives Super Premium conversion
- Management of BTL-agency relationships
- Planning and Implementing NPD within the channel
- Lead and nurture relationships with key customer/distributor contacts
- Manage marketing spend for customer activation
- Educated to degree level
- Commercial experience in an FMCG environment, preferably premium drinks.
- Excellent knowledge and application of PowerPoint and Excel
- Trade Marketing experience
- Leadership of cross-functional teams
- Strong project management
- Budget Management experience
Key attributes of the successful person
- Strategic, solution-based thinker with commercial acumen. Ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Ability to identify insight and deliver projects through to action
- Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong solutions focus and must be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Evidence of having delivered successful brand building initiatives
- Ability to allocate resource to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong understanding around premium brand building and resulting brand portfolio management
- Strong internal and external communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Is constantly raising the level of ambition; takes an ‘if this was my business’-approach
- Is focused on strategic priorities and acts with focus, avoiding unnecessary complexity
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday