Asahi UK Holdings Ltd (AHL) is a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. It was formed in April 2019 when Asahi International Ltd (AIL) acquired the entire beer, cider, soft drinks and distribution business of Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC and the Griffin Brewery became a member of the UK operations of Asahi.
Asahi UK Holdings Ltd is our UK based integrated supply chain business.
Iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider and soft drinks joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi International offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
More info: www.asahiinternational.com
The Supply Planner - Manufacturing position is responsible for the delivery of a supply plan to enable production and delivery by the Asahi Europen breweries of finished product to ensure the target levels of product availability to Asahi customers is achieved.
The key pre-requisites of the successful candidate are:
a) System knowledge - SAP and excel are a must!
b) Process knowledge - An understanding of supply planning as a core activity, coupled with experience within manufacturing and dealing with factories with lead times.
c) Highly organised - Able to work towards and build process improvements.
As a result of the recent acquisition of the Fuller's business by Asahi International, using the skills above, this is a great opportunity to support the wider supply chain team to help build process improvements and ensure best practise during this time of transformation.
Key accountabilities and outputs:
Beer Supply Planning
- Deliver accurate plans across the European breweries on a weekly and monthly basis, ensuring the plans reflect the changing business demand and New Product requirements
- Enhance the Supply Planning processes ensuring they are fit for purpose, auditing the accuracy as required and suggesting/implementing improvements where relevant to support the business needs
- Manage the delivery and accuracy of the monthly production of the long term i.e. 18-month supply plan, which is used by supplying breweries for their capacity planning and budgeting.
- Provide business data as necessary to support ongoing business needs such as New Product development and warehouse capacity management.
- Deliver supply planning KPI reporting to drive performance improvement
- Own the relationship with the supplying breweries to enable a productive relationship to meet inventory, service and costs requirements as well as ensuring broader delivery requirements by supporting brewery efficiencies.
- Instigate any corrective action with supplying breweries to ensure continuous improvement of the production planning process e.g. communication lead times, minimum order quantities.
- Managing product quality concerns related to production with the supplying breweries, driving corrective action and processing agreed claims against the brewery
New Product Development
- Responsible for ensuring all new products and changes to products are managed with the supplying breweries to project timelines whilst redundant packaging and finished goods write off is minimised during product changes.
- Responsible for SKU master data set-up and maintenance
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree is essential, preferably in a relevant area
- Substantial supply planning, sales and operational planning experience in an FMCG environment (particularly supply from European factories)
- A background and understanding of planning tools and systems, knowledge of SAP, Adaptive Insights Planning and SO99+ being advantageous
- Advanced Excel for reporting and analysis
- Highly organised and experience of improving proccesses
- A degree of resilience to operate within a fast pace environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Customer or supplier relationship management experience
- Quality Assurance experience advantageous
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- £520 beer allowance annually
- 20% discount at the Griffin Brewery Store
- 25 days holiday (Pro Rata)
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Benefits are pro-rata on the basis of the role being a FTC
- Full-time - 37.5 hours a week
- FTC - until the 31/12/2020
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green