Reverse Logistics Coordinator
Asahi International Limited (AIL) is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. The UK-headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including PeroniNastroAzzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Grolsch, PilsnerUrquell, Kozel, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards.
Asahi UK Holdings Ltd (AHL) is a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. It was formed in April 2019 when Asahi International Ltd (AIL) acquired the entire beer, cider, soft drinks and distribution business of Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC and the Griffin Brewery became a member of the UK operations of Asahi.
Asahi International leads commercial operations across 5 continents from key operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA, Canada, China, Taiwan, South-Korea to Latin America and Asia.
With sales revenues over one billion Euros, four world-class production facilities, customers in more than 80 markets and 1200 employees, we deliver value into the category and aim to change the way people think about beer.
The Reverse Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing both service and cost through the tactical planning and management of empty keg returns to ABEG brewery from UK customers and warehouses.
The role is critical to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction (prompt collection of empty kegs) and high levels of production line utilisation at the breweries (swift delivery of empty kegs, and good visibility of the pipeline).
The Reverse Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
· Achieve On Time and In Full service metrics for all customers by coordinating return of kegs to breweries by direct from customer and warehouses including working with the wider business and supply Chain team and, from planning and supply through to sales and finance.
· Proactively manage the empty keg order process from start to finish on the ERP system; ensuring accuracy and conformity to Asahi shipping requirements. Manage manual and automated system order processes; suggest and implement process and system improvements where necessary
· Maintain an accurate picture of the empty kegs in stock and in transit to breweries to help with production planning. Provide regular updates to the teams and managers as required.
· Manage international service providers to ensure that empty kegs are collected promptly, ETAs are updated, and actual deliveries are confirmed.
· Work with the breweries to cross-check their returns records against records on the UK ERP system, and the updates provided by hauliers.
· Control 3PL service providers to ensure they transact empty kegs correctly and promptly on their systems and that customer balances are reported accurately.
· Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers; listen to their needs and act on it. Make decisions to enhance the customer experience and deliver the perfect order.
· Set the right impression as first point of contact with customers and consumers over the phone and via email; displaying excellent communication skills, manage queries and solve problems as they arise.
· Identify new opportunities to streamline the return process, take an ownership and make accountable decisions to ensure delivery of excellent service
· Seek improvements based on in-depth analysis of KPI haulier reviews and Supply Chain performance service level
· Responsible for daily transport schedule and stock report
· Ensure all carrier delays and incidents are logged and the damage tracker is updated. Raising and managing haulier and brewery claims
· Ensure additional charges and deviations from budget are recorded
· Provide information on foreign kegs and locator boards returned to the brewery and any customers returning less than a half load for monthly keg meeting
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated aptitude for developing others.
- System experience in a SAP environment.
- Supplier or customer relationship management exposure.
- Experience in a high volume, detailed and process-driven organisation.
- Degree level educated/Graduate calibre.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Possible knowledge of either FMCG or UK or international supply chain logistics.
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- £520 beer allowance
- 20% discounts at the Griffin Brewery Store
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time - 37.5 hours a week
- Permanent role
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green