Global Marketing Manager - Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super-premium beers, bringing together iconic brands such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Fuller’s London Pride and Meantime. Our Vision is to be the leading super-premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. Not only for our consumers but also for you: a senior marketing professional with the ideas, appetite and expertise to change the way people think about beer.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
At Asahi UK, we embrace the very ethos of bringing the best quality of beer to life, through our premium brands and unique people. We pride ourselves on our ‘challenger mind-set’ and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles in a strongly self-invested manner, we unleash potential from within. We’re resourceful, innovative, united behind common business goals, well-defined processes and a robust strategy. We are agile in our thinking, collaborative and creative in our approach, transparent in everything we do. Our people own their actions and have opportunities to lead change. For us, the drive for results and the thirst for success are synonymous with creating direct value for our consumers, our customers, our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
To support the growth strategy under our new Asahi International Limited structure we have made some key changes to our commercial operating model. As a result of these changes to our current ways of working and team structures, we have some new opportunities within our UK Marketing team
We are looking for a Marketing Manager - Peroni Nastro Azzurro to join our Asahi UK Marketing team, to lead one of our most iconic hero brands, Peroni Nastro Azzurro.
As Marketing Manager of Peroni Nastro Azzurro you will work with the Marketing Director in the execution of the Peroni Nastro Azzurro annual brand plan, co-ordination of all marketing campaigns with media activities, the tracking of brand performance and ensuring corrective action is taken as required.
The successful individual will provide on-going support in the delivery of the brand plan to time and within budget as well as maximise the effectiveness via marketing spend effectiveness. You will work with senior stakeholders across the business and implement media activities and brand activations which drives equity. You will ensure that all activity and brand related components of the marketing business plan is managed against budgets and the P&L remains strong. The successful individual will be also the marketing interface with a view to fostering exceptional working relationships which in turn must ensure the successful management of the brand and delivery against the brand plans.
- Providing on-going support in the delivery of the brand plan to time and within budget as well as maximizing marketing spend effectiveness
- Responsible for the P&L of the brand acting as the global liaison and key link between the Global Brand and UK marketing team
- Develop and deliver an experiential strategy to ensure the brand is seen in the right places with the right people, with a clear PR strategy to drive earned media. This includes taking full ownership of third party activations with key partners with regular KPI/budget tracking and performance updates, taking corrective action if / when required.
- They will ensure that all activity and brand related components of the marketing business plan is managed against budgets and the P&L remains strong
- Lead the ongoing PR and Influencer plan, maximising effectiveness against the strategy by holding agencies to account on KPIs
- Working closely with the On Trade team to develop a key opinion leader strategy to continue to excel the Peroni brand as the no.1 super premium brand
- Work closely with Trade Marketing to grow the performance of the brand in both the On & Off Trade
- End to end project management. Defining a range of projects and executing within strict timelines and with multiple deadlines across the business
- Execute brilliantly and co-ordinate all partners (internal and external) cultivating exceptional working relationships helping to deliver standout executions (where possible surpassing expectations), meeting strategic brand objectives
- Support Global marketing team to deliver best in class Brand Experiential Campaigns
- Support in development of toolkits to spread activity to other markets
- Review and adapt plans to meet commercial and consumer brand performance targets
- Monitor and analyse consumer trends and understand the impact on execution
- Regular reporting and evaluation of performance against the approved strategy including commercial and consumer metrics – identifying areas for performance improvement
- Established experience in a marketing management or brand management position in an international FMCG company, strong preference for drinks brands
- Must demonstrate experience with premium, luxury or prestige brands
- Demonstrated experience of delivering strong brand commercial performance – results driven with a strong performance approach and able to work within a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated experience of managing a brand’s P&L
- Experience working in brand media and communications in the UK drinks industry
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of best practice marketing principles and techniques
- Have experience in managing relationships and influencing others
- Be experienced with commercials and understanding how P&Ls operate
- Proven experience in managing marketing projects through to successful completion
- Strong interpersonal skills to build positive relationships at all levels internally and externally, along with excellent communication to clearly and coherently deliver ideas that inspire
- Proven ability to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively
- A proactive initiator with a positive hands-on attitude, flexible and able to balance big company attitude with the resourcefulness required to achieve results within a small team
- Ability to analyse and evaluate programme effectiveness and to feedback learning to ensure continuous improvement
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, SAP and social media marketing tools
Key attributes of the successful person
- Strong interpersonal skills to build positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- Results-driven – will focus on the key goals to achieve ambitious results for the business and deliver them through strong resilience, choiceful decisions and agility in thinking with the right quality and speed
- Fits naturally with a strong performance culture
- Strong experience in experiential and events encompassing event production and PR & Influencer engagement to amplify impact of the activity
- Proven success developing and implementing experiential campaigns
- Strong communication skills. Be capable to clearly and coherently deliver ideas that inspire
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively
- A proactive initiator. Positive, hands-on attitude. Flexible operator, able to balance ‘big company’ attitude with the resourcefulness required to achieve results within a small team
- Demonstrate personal accountability in project delivery
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work in cross functional, multi skilled and multi-cultural environments
- Stability of performance under pressure
- Natural intrigue and interest in audience insights, trends and culture.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- Car Allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday