Global Marketing Manager - Cornish Orchards
Asahi International Limited is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing some 2,000 people, the Woking headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including; Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Cornish Orchards and Fuller’s London Pride. Asahi International Limited leads two world-class brewing and production facilities with commercial operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA and Canada and Asia, as well as a global distribution network that serves Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To support the growth strategy under our new Asahi International Limited structure we have made some key changes to our commercial operating model and as a result of these changes, we have some exciting new opportunities within our Global Brands team.
We are looking for a Global Marketing Manager – Cornish Orchardrs to join our Global Brands Portfolio team.
Cornish Orchards joined the Asahi portfolio as a result of the Fullers acquisition in April 2019, and produces premium hand-crafted ciders, apple juices and soft drinks in Duloe, Cornwall. As another brand with superb provenance, we are proud of the award-winning ciders, which have an exciting future ahead. https://www.cornishorchards.co.uk/
As Global Marketing Manager - Cornish Orchards you will support the overall development and execution of your brand activations/core equity assets linked to the brand platforms to ensure the brand proposition remains authentic, differentiated and premium to consumers. You will devise new executions that will challenge category conventions.
You will lead the development and execution of the brands' global innovation initiatives, working closely with the Global Brand Director to ideate, scope and define projects, developing the business case and leading the project to launch in a lead market.
We are looking for a dynamic personality who has the ability to build strong relationships with local teams and ambassadors across markets and cultures, driving results and exceptional execution – influencing a wide variety of global stakeholders.
- Development and execution of brand activations – specifically digital, experience and in bar/store.
- Devise the winning approach to PoP, education driving activity BTL and creation of appropriate visibility items that drive rate of sale (On/Off) and consumer engagement at “last three feet”.
- Lead the development of the brands innovation strategy and the ideation process involving local markets as appropriate and utilizing external support/ideation capability knowledge if needed to optimise development of innovation concepts.
- Development and flawless launch of new products / packaging projects (business case, commercial plan, set clear objectives and goals for innovation tests and launches, evaluation against KPIs) – managed through the AGILE gate process; ensure IP rights ownership for all output developed.
- Manage the relationship with and delivery of the agencies involved with the projects;
- Manage marketing spend related to activity development, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage performance evaluation against agreed KPIs and lead corrective action with markets
- Outstanding track record in Premium brand marketing execution especially in regards to digital, experiential and in bar/store is essential.
- Significant FMCG marketing experience, matured in both domestic & international markets.
- Drinks/Alco-beverage experience strongly preferred.
- Strong track record in major asset development and execution.
- Proven ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders within the organization and to play a key role in decision-making processes.
- Experience in consumer research and understanding of key methodologies (concept screening, packaging development, and full mix testing)
- Commercial or in-field experience is essential
- Proven ability to work effectively across different cultures and time zones
Key attributes of the successful person
- Someone who embodies the challenger mind-set (setting an aspirational ambition; performance driven; focused)
- Strong creative development skills, including intuitive ability to understand powerful creative ideas and how to translate them into strong experiential executions, combined with a strong understanding of research methodology (art & science!)
- Strong communication skills, an engaging and dynamic personality
- Passion for results and exceptional quality output
- Solid influencing and engaging skills, enabling relationships based on respect, trust and reliability to a senior level
- Proven agency management skills
- Willingness to travel to markets and as required, globally, on a frequent basis
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- Car Allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday