Global Head of Media and Touchpoints
We are currently looking for a brand new Head of Media and Touchpoints, to drive a central media planning approach, impacting all of our key global markets. Managing the media strategy and key agency relationships for our portfolio of Super Premium Beers, with a global remit, the candidate will be responsible for leading the implementation of the approach on how to do integrated marketing for our premium brands in a digital world.
Asahi International Limited is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing some 2,000 people, the Woking headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including; Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Cornish Orchards and Fuller’s London Pride.
Asahi International Limited leads two world-class brewing and production facilities with commercial operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA and Canada and Asia, as well as a global distribution network that serves Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Asahi International offers exciting and dynamic career opportunities and we pride ourselves on offering structured and realistic career development opportunities across our businesses. Our people managers believe in unleashing potential and enabling their teams. We provide a rich array of ways to develop in role and across roles, and have the opportunities to learn and impact across the countries we operate in.
The Head of Media and Touchpoints leads the implementation of Asahi International’s Global media and touchpoint approach across our portfolio of Global brands: Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch and Meantime/Fullers. The successful delivery of this role will drive a step-change in our Consumer Connection & Media/ Touchpoint planning and will support our ambitious growth objectives across all global markets. Our digital-centric media and touchpoint planning approach will become a unique competitive advantage for our brands in a digitally connected media landscape and increase efficiencies of our resources (human and monetary). Partnering with the Global Brand Teams and local markets, the Head of Media and Touchpoints has a broad network of contacts across all markets and will lead key stakeholder engagement with markets and externally with key agencies which will support our touchpoint planning and execution approach in order to implement our Global Brand plans at market level from a consumer connection perspective.
The Vision is to create an Asahi International Global Media and Touchpoint Framework: A focused Global Approach that will enable us to reach our drinkers around the world directly (i) with the right content for our target audience; (ii) served in the right context, at the right time and (iii) balancing the right level of centralisation with local amplification to maximise effectiveness and efficiency. A fit for purpose, practical approach that reflects our business structure and set up across different regions and markets and enables in-market focus on sales execution combined with a strong central lead on consumer connection strategy/planning for the Global Brands.
- Lead the development finalization and implementation of the Global Media and Touchpoint Approach:
- Lead the implementation of the approach on how to do integrated marketing for our premium brands in a digital world based on a Touchpoint & Connection Planning Framework: “KNOW – PLAN – DO – CHECK”, complemented by an optimisation/learning cycle to create a process and culture of continuous learning.
- Develop a way of working proposal: Map the Process (What), Tools (How) and People (Who) across the different stages – across Global / Regional / Local market as well as the appropriate agency support structure.
- Lead the proposal on which Tools are required to support TP approach and if these are owned / agency based.
Understand: Business / Consumer / Brand – Centrally Led
- Working hand in glove with Insights to set clear objectives, required KPIs / impact on funnel metrics/distribution (PIMI/PIMA)
- Define What/How to measure, the right Benchmarks, reflecting a full potential mindset. Output: consistent scorecards.
Plan – Centrally Led
- A clear framework for our market activation approach, including the right Touchpoint plan (for low/high investment scenarios) and reflecting market reality – utilizing agency tools to support targeted brand plans.
- Based on business goals – define the right touchpoint plan/specific country plans incl. spend, channel, reach, etc.
- Define the right way to “package” this up to markets (e.g. a ‘smart’ DAM site) – and lead markets in the deployment thereof.
- Develop & deploy a digital-led touchpoint approach for GB-teams to implement in market - incl. principles on:
- Channel Strategy/Role: Global vs. Local Channel: (i) What Channels to use (by brand/region) & (ii) Global vs. Local lead: what is “global owned” and which “local owned” (FB / IG / Web etc.)
- Content Strategy: how to drive Global vs. Local Content and principles for content development
- How to increase the effectiveness and standout of all our digital coms and drive consumer engagement.
Do – Centrally Influenced, Locally Executed
- Develop & deploy touchpoint guidelines – incl. Global Planning and Local execution principles:
- KOL/Influencer Approach: Principles for macro/micro-influencers and channel usage / posting: when / what / how often
- Media Spend Guidelines: how to drive reach & engagement with our content (paid media/ SEO)
Check – Central & Local
- Use performance analysis against input KPIs to identify best practice and improvement areas for both Plan / Do
- Strong track record of media and consumer touchpoint strategy development & deployment – with a preference for digitally-led marketing
- Strategic planning, the experience of both planning and buying, able to work well with multiple agencies/stakeholders, experience in building a function up
- Both agency and client-side experience
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of working across different markets and cross-functional teams.
- Strong commercial skills & understanding of premium brand building and an ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Must have FMCG experience. Industry experience (e.g. alcohol/drinks brands) is preferable
- Ability to translate analysis of insight into action.
- Multi-channel experience
Key attributes of the successful person
- Strong strategic planner
- Someone who embodies the challenger mindset (setting an aspirational ambition; performance-driven; focused)
- Authority, gravitas and credibility with key internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Future-focused, experience of working with senior teams. A strategic mindset with a creative streak.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and persistent – with an entrepreneurial mindset and passion for results and exceptional output
- Able to work successfully both on their own and as part of a team - and act at a pace to pursue opportunities.
- Proven agency management skills & willingness to travel to markets and as required, globally.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- Car Allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday