Global Brand Manager
Asahi International Limited is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing some 2,000 people, the Woking headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including; Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Cornish Orchards and Fuller’s London Pride. Asahi International Limited leads two world-class brewing and production facilities with commercial operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA and Canada and Asia, as well as a global distribution network that serves Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
In order to deliver as our new entity, Asahi International, our marketing team is also adapting and growing. We therefore have a very unique and exciting opportunity for 2 Global Brand Managers to join our award-winning Global Marketing team.
Global Brand Manager – Grolsch
- Grolsch, is one of the oldest breweries, with a history that stretches back over 400 years. From the bold spirit of the founder Willem Neerfeldt and the devotion to authenticity from every single brewing family since. Grolsch truly is a product of its people.
Global Brand Manager - London Pride
- Brewed at the Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, London, since the 1950s, London Pride is unmistakably London's beer. As Fuller’s flagship beer, London Pride is a true classic of the capital – not just made in London but made of London.
As the Global Brand Manager, you will lead the development and execution of brand activations linked to the brand platforms and the development of core equity assets to ensure the brand proposition remains authentic, differentiated, premium and attractive to consumers. With a strong orientation towards digital execution and in bar/store experience, you will devise new executions that challenge competitors and stand out in market for consumers & customers.
With a dynamic personality you will build strong relationships with local teams & ambassadors across markets and cultures, driving results and exceptional execution.
- Development and execution of brand activations – specifically digital, experience and in bar / store.
- Devise the winning approach to PoP, education driving activity BTL and creation of appropriate visibility items that drive rate of sale (On/Off) and consumer engagement at “last three feet”.
- Lead the development of the brands innovation strategy and the ideation process involving local markets as appropriate and utilizing external support/ideation capability knowledge if needed to optimise development of innovation concepts.
- Development and flawless launch of new products / packaging projects (business case, commercial plan, set clear objectives and goals for innovation tests and launches, evaluation against KPIs) – managed through the AGILE gate process; ensure IP rights ownership for all output developed.
- Manage the relationship with and delivery of the agencies involved with the projects;
- Manage marketing spend related to activity development, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage performance evaluation against agreed KPIs and lead corrective action with markets
- Development and execution of brand activations – specifically digital, experience and in bar/store.
- Creation of appropriate visibility items that drive rate of sale at the point of purchase.
- Devise the winning approach to PoP, education and ROS driving activity BTL.
- Develop and manage relevant alliances and global partnerships, and develop appropriate programmes in conjunction with our markets to maximise return for the brand.
- Manage the relationship with and delivery of the agencies involved in the projects, including performance evaluation against clear KPI agreed at the beginning of the process
- Development of brand toolkits, customer sell in and internal brand advocacy.
Key attributes of the successful person;
- Someone who embodies the challenger mind-set (setting an aspirational ambition; performance-driven; focused)
- Strong creative development skills, including intuitive ability to understand powerful creative ideas and how to translate them into strong experiential executions, combined with strong understanding of research methodology (art & science!)
- Strong communication skills, an engaging and dynamic personality
- Passion for results and exceptional quality output
- Solid influencing and engaging skills, enabling relationships based on respect, trust and reliability to a senior level
- Proven agency management skills
- Willingness to travel to markets and as required, globally, on a frequent basis
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday