Global Brand Director - Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Asahi International Limited is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing some 2,000 people, the Woking headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including; Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Cornish Orchards and Fuller’s London Pride. Asahi International Limited leads two world-class brewing and production facilities with commercial operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA and Canada and Asia, as well as a global distribution network that serves Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.co
We have a very unique and exciting opportunity for a Global Brand Director - Peroni Nastro Azzurro to join the Asahi International Global Brands team.
Enriching experiences by being exceptional, Peroni Nastro Azzurro has led the way for the last 15 years. Our mission is to re-imagine the world of beer through the spirit of true Italian style and we are looking for a Global Brand Director to lead the vision and this iconic brand.
The Global Brand Director leads the global development and growth of our Global Champion brand - Peroni Nastro Azzurro to deliver commercial and strategic value to the business across a range of market typologies. They are responsible for the brand’s global performance against core metrics. By ensuring that the brand strategy and asset development plan are grounded in robust commercial understanding, combined with a clear and compelling long term vision, the Global Brand Director will be a trusted partner for a broad range of stakeholders and will make their brand a significant revenue driver for the business. The Global Brand Director should possess robust strategic skills, balanced by operational experience, & a strong consumer mind-set to inspire markets behind the long term vision for the brand, acting as an influential business partner for them. They embody our People Competitive Advantage – committed individuals who balance strategy and execution.
- Directs brand strategy, including ambition and foundations - Brand Vision; Purpose; Positioning (Brand Ladder / Reasons-To-Believe) supported by Brand Technical Footprint (which directs the liquid formulation of the brand)
- Leads the development of the Core Creative Idea, including Brand Activation Pillars and multi-year rolling activity plans
- Leads the development of the Brand World and Visual Brand Identity (VBI) including packaging, founts and glassware; Icons and Assets
- Leads Brand Strategy, including Global Brand Activity Plan: Brand, Business and Portfolio role, including
- pack strategy
- price positioning and guidelines for promotions
- consumer Target (Positioning/Activation Target and Macro/Micro Moments),
- strategic tasks by brand stage
- activity plans
- media plan
- Lead the development of supporting collateral to deploy activations in market
- Lead the development of brands’ global activation calendar
- Directs the delivery of brands’ communication assets across touchpoints
- Develop & manage relevant alliances and global partnerships and appropriate programs in conjunction with our markets to maximise return for the brand
- Lead the “Brand Council” a forum to ensure close collaboration with markets, best practice sharing and ensure that local market needs are met.
- Manage the key agency relationships, SOW definition and performance evaluation against clear KPI agreed at the beginning of the process
- Ensures core ‘Perfect Serve’-assets are refreshed, embracing leading-edge design.
- Responsible for the brand’s global performance against core metrics
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Very strong track record in leading the growth and development of global brands
- Expert understanding of the premium super-premium / luxury category in drinks is essential
- Proven skills in creating iconic brands and a track record of driving a brand proposition throughout an organization
- Operational experience critical, balanced with strong strategic capability
- Extensive experience in leading international teams in complex organizations
- Track record of managing a brand, budgets, and resources in a fast-moving environment to achieve required plans, and results
- Proficiency in English; other regional relevant language skills are advantageous.
Key attributes of the successful person
- An inspirational leader, who embodies the challenger mindset (setting an aspirational ambition; performance-driven; focused)
- Strong commercial expertise with deep-smarts in marketing
- Entrepreneurial mindset –seizing new opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, an engaging and dynamic personality
- A strategic brain with a creative/entrepreneurial streak balanced by commercial intelligence, consumer/customer mindset & strong results-orientation
- A developer of people – someone who spots and nurtures talent
On offer is a competitive salary plus generous benefits package