Financial Accountant - 6 Month FTC
With sales revenues over one billion Euros, operations across five continents, four world-class production facilities, 1200 employees and 70 global brands being sold into more than 80 markets, Asahi International delivers incredible consumer value into the category and aims to change the way people think about beer.
This Financial Accountant role sits within our Finance Shared Services function responsible for the operational finance workstreams for a number of UK based companies, France, Canada and Asahi Premium Brands’ international markets within the Asahi offices in Woking, UK.
Please note, this is a 6 month Fixed term contract role
Your key responsibilities as our International Financial Accountant
Daily and Month End:
- Posting and Reviewing month end accruals journals and schedules.
- Uploading month end and budget financial reporting for Group FP&A using Hyperion HFM and PBCS.
- Reviewing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Creation of Intercompany Recharge.
- Intercompany reconciliations and confirmations.
- Uploading and Reconciliation of all daily Bank and Cash files
- Completion of month end Internal Audit file.
Finance Business Partner
- Completion of management KPI packs to brief the management team on company performance.
- Disseminate the relevant tools and training materials for the overall financial planning, budgeting & forecasting processes
- Provides data on comparatives and internal benchmark data, processes and reports to support business performance management and insights generation
- Initial collation and production of the annual budget and an additional Profit Forecast.
- Ensuring Commercial Budget is fully balanced in HFM.
- Preparation of finance budget schedules including P&Ls and profit analysis, along with writing commentary.
- Work with Head of Tax to facilitate all entities VAT returns on a regular basis.
- Review of Excise and Duty Compliance with FSSC Tax Accountant
- Ensure all external reporting requirements (e.g. ONS) are completed.
- Preparation/ review of statutory accounts.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Finance owner of SAP B1 and associated add-ins.
- Subject Matter Expert for Concur, CaseWare, BlackLine, HFM Hyperion
- FSSC and SAPB1 rollout projects.
- Continuous Systems and process Improvements.
- Preparation of reports and analysis.
Your Ideal background and skill sets:
- Qualifed Accountant, ideally ACCA or ACA
- Expert level Excel knowledge
- at least 2+ years working in industry
- ERP (preferred SAP and Hyperion HFM) knowledge with a real, provable aptitude for understanding, mastering and owning financial systems.
- Superior numeracy skills, advanced problem solving, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with good excel modelling.
- Hands on process optimization and change management experience.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous Pro Rata benefits package, inclusive of;
10 - 20% Annual bonus / Beer allowance / On Site Lunch allowance / Industry leading pension contribution / Private Healthcare / Life assurance / Private Dental insurance / 25 days holiday / Flexible Working