Director of Trade Marketing
Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super-premium beers, bringing together iconic brands such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Fuller’s London Pride and Meantime. Our Vision is to be the leading super-premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. Not only for our consumers but also for you: a senior marketing professional with the ideas, appetite and expertise to change the way people think about beer.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
At Asahi UK, we embrace the very ethos of bringing the best quality of beer to life, through our premium brands and unique people. We pride ourselves on our ‘challenger mind-set’ and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles in a strongly self-invested manner, we unleash potential from within. We’re resourceful, innovative, united behind common business goals, well-defined processes and a robust strategy.
Having diverse brands as well as passionate and diverse people ensures we cherish and value differences and uniqueness. We are agile in our thinking, collaborative and creative in our approach, transparent in everything we do. Our people own their actions and have opportunities to lead change. For us, the drive for results and the thirst for success are synonymous with creating direct value for our consumers, our customers, our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
As Director of Trade Marketing for the UK you would be responsible for leading the Asahi UK Trade Marketing department and creating the strategic direction through four areas:
- Customer and Shopper Marketing and Activation
- Executional excellence with our strategic customers
- Sales Team enablement and effectiveness
- Customer experience and events
This role is pivotal to the commercial organisation. This department needs to remain the catalyst for innovative and differentiated trade marketing activity. In addition to this there are numerous strategic projects for the team to lead.
- Trade Marketing department management and competency development. To include recruitment, leadership, development, motivation and management of all key departmental employees
- Develop effective Tailored Package Framework and selling tools to support each channel team with differentiated and value added activity
- Brand Customer Marketing Responsibility:
- Brand BTL Brand and Channel plans created and developed to deliver business commercial targets
- Lead Ways of Working between Customer Marketing, Brand and Sales Teams
- Consumer Led Outlet Classification
- Shopper Insight and Marketing
- Lead Purchase Driver BTL development & evolution of our brands
- Ensure budgeting and finance controls. To comprehensively manage the departmental budget to pre-described guidelines
- Education and development of Sales Team understanding in shopper and point of purchase excellence
- Significant work experience in FMCG organisations, in Senior marketing or sales roles and specifically within customer marketing
- Previous work experience & knowledge of the key UK beverage customers
- Experience in briefing & managing external agencies
- Significant managerial experience and development/coaching of teams
- Ability to mine data, identify insight and deliver action through a cross-functional team
- Travel required
Key attributes of the successful person
- Excellent ability to develop strong working relationship and influence across all levels of the organisation
- Strategic, solution based thinker with commercial acumen. Ability to think ‘outside the box’.
- Ability to identify insight and deliver projects through to action
- Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong solutions focus and must be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Evidence of having delivered successful brand building initiatives
- Ability to allocate resource to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong understanding around premium brand building and resulting brand portfolio management
- Outstanding internal and external communication and leadership skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Is constantly raising the level of ambition; takes an ‘if this was my business’-approach
- Is focused on strategic priorities and acts with focus, avoiding unnecessary complexity
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- Car Allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday