Customer Demand Planner
Who Are We?
Asahi International Limited (AIL) is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. The UK-headquartered business is the custodian for leading super premium beer, ale, craft lager and cider brands including Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Grolsch, Pilsner Urquell, Kozel, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards.
Asahi UK Holdings Ltd (AHL) is a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. It was formed in April 2019 when Asahi International Ltd (AIL) acquired the entire beer, cider, soft drinks and distribution business of Fuller, Smith & Turner PLC and the Griffin Brewery became a member of the UK operations of Asahi.
Asahi International leads commercial operations across 5 continents from key operations in the United Kingdom, France, USA, Canada, China, Taiwan, South-Korea to Latin America and Asia.
With sales revenues over one billion Euros, four world-class production facilities, customers in more than 80 markets and 1200 employees, we deliver value into the category and aim to change the way people think about beer.
The Customer Demand Planner is accountable for ensuring robust, assumption based Demand Plans are generated for a set of customers. Direct responsibility for high levels of customer service to this set of customers, working closely with Supply Planning colleagues.
Strong relationships across multiple functions as well as our customers will be essential.
Also accountable for managing the order to cash process for their customer(s), ensuring supply chain service offering and operations are aligned with the commercial teams, mutual supply chain costs are optimised and opportunities for service enhancements are delivered.
- End to end management of customer orders for DIS and Direct deliveries
- Responsible for service levels to customers, including reporting, root cause analysis and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure proactive communication is given to customers and other relevant parties.
- Liaising with Supply Planning and Logistics teams on 5-week lead time orders
- Monitor actual orders against your demand forecast, speedily investigate significant variances, understand root causes and impact across wider Supply Chain.
- Complete all relevant system updates e.g. order entry, Goods Issuing of order on despatch through to POD confirmation
- Provide updates to customers as needed
- Work closely with relevant Sales Manager(s) to ensure sales forecast is as accurate as possible.
- Over time develop Demand Planning techniques to continuously improve the forecast process.
- Be the Supply Chain face of AHL to the customers and own the AHL service level into their depots, including FTA (Failure to Arrive) trends and other operational service impacts. Ensuring Timely capture of stock availability service incidents to enable accurate reporting of AHL Service Level KPI measures.
- Demonstrate high personal integrity to develop / manage the customer relationship so that we are recognised by them as a best practice supplier.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
a. Able to clearly and productively communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others in a commercially sensitive manner
b. Is able to tailor the manner of communication to take into account the very different groups of people communicated with.
- Experience of working cross-functionally at an operational level, with demonstrable evidence of influencing your peer group and above, and strong examples of relationship building and creation of collaborative, customer-focused plans.
- Strong analytical skills able to make the connections in data, events and trends.
- Experience in a high volume, detailed and process driven organisation
- Good understanding and use of IT systems and databases. SAP and SO99 experience would be particularly relevant. Intermediate excel skills required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the wider E2E Supply Chain ideally within an FMCG environment
- Graduate calibre.
What you Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- 20% discount at the Griffin Brewery Store
- 25 days holiday (Pro Rata)
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time - 37.5 hours a week
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green