Do you have previous experience working in a Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Chain or Manufacturing in the past?
Are you interested in being part of a team that are responsible for delivering beer across the country!
Do you have a driving license and willing to learn how to drive a forklift?
Are you interested in working in the historic Griffin Brewery in West London?
If so, Asahi (the organisation behind the Griffin Brewery) we would love to hear from you…
The Griffin Brewery is a special place. Not just to us, but to everyone who has ever enjoyed a pint of London Pride. It is where the magic happens, where the malt meets the hops. With hundreds of years’ worth of heritage, the Griffin Brewery has long been a part of our Capital, and more recently, part of the wider Asahi business.
This is a hugely exciting time to join the business. Asahi is entering into a new phase of it's journey in the UK and Europe following its recent acquisition of Fuller’s in April 2019. This has massively increased the operational footprint in the UK bringing new brewing and distribution capabilities as well as an expanded portfolio - now including cask ales and ciders for the first time.
Asahi UK Holdings Limited is the integrated Supply Chain and Distribution company of Asahi International Ltd, managing all brewing, warehousing, distribution, import and export for the business in the UK. The highly-skilled team coordinates supply of some of the world’s best-loved beer brands for the UK market, such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Asahi Super Dry, as well as brewing, production and distribution operations at Meantime Brewing Company in Greenwich, Cornish Orchards cidery in Duloe, Cornwall and The Fuller’s Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, West London.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi International offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
The Warehouse Operative is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely dispatch of orders to our growing customer base across a range of Warehouse functions. You will join the tight-knit group that is the Warehouse team responsible for daily in and out of beer deliveries to and from the brewery.
- Ensure the safe loading of kegs, casks, packaged beer, wines and other products into our Fuller’s vehicles, which will be delivered across our estate
- Ensure time deadlines within the busy Warehouse environment are met, working closely with the Warehouse Team Leader to control the workflow and organisation of the team
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of all paperwork within the Warehouse team
- Minimise day to day loading issues, ensuring that they are resolved quickly and to a high standard
- Actively promoting and engaging with new ways of working and Warehouse processes
- Maintenance of company property, such as the company vehicles, forklift trucks and PPE
- Ensure the operational environment is maintained in relation to hygiene and cleanliness
- This list is not exhaustive, and duties may change from time to time.
Key Strengths for the role:
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do attitude"
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure
- Keen eye for Health & Safety, reporting all relevant incidents and potential issues through the ALERT system
- Excellent day-to-day time management, both personally and for your daily Warehouse schedule
- Good level of verbal and written English
Ideal Background and Qualifications:
- Appreciation for nature of the work, with heavy lifting and forklift truck use a key activity of day-to-day work
- We are looking for a smart and organised individual with a positive attitude who can be an ambassador for Fuller’s
- This role may suit someone who already has Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Chain or Manufacturing experience
- A Clamp and Tyne forklift truck license is preferred, a forklift truck license is required
The Hard Truth
The role is hard work! It is a physical role with varying shift pattern but there are some great benefits:
- A competitive salary - with the opportunity to work overtime!
- 25 days holiday
- Beer allowance!
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- A subsidised canteen on site
- You get to work with a great team in a brewery!
- Full-time permanent role
- Location -
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green