Regional Sales Manager (Independent Free Trade)
This is an exciting time to join the team, with the Asahi business entering into a new phase of its journey in the UK and Europe, following Asahi International Ltd.’s acquisition of the Fuller’s drinks business in April 2019. The operational footprint in the UK has widened, bringing new brewing and distribution capabilities as well as an expanded portfolio - now including cask ales and ciders for the first time.
We have a rare and hugely exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Fullers Arm of the business. Joining an experienced team of 10, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the Independent Free Trade Sales Territory across the South of England, delivering the annual sales volume and profit targets through the deployment of a Territory Plan that targets new business generation as a key priority in growing Fuller's market share on the Territory.
• To ensure the Annual Budgeted Sales Volumes, Profit and New Business targets are exceeded for a specific geographic territory.
• To develop and maintain an up to date and relevant Territory Plan that clearly identifies prospect customers and plans how these will be converted into Fuller's customers.
• To manage workload so that priority is given to the customers where there is the greatest profit growth opportunity and where the Fuller's customers enjoys the highest level of profitability whilst ensuring sufficient time is planned to prospect and win new business.
• To work in close cooperation with the Credit Control Department to ensure cashflow is optimised and to prevent any bad debts.
• To work closely with telesales to ensure joint plans are in place to develop business and that specific customer plans are agreed for those smaller customers where telesales can play a more pro-active customer management role.
• To ensure all pricing and terms that are negotiated with customers are accurately recorded and monitored.
• To manage the Territory's Loan Book so that desired rates of return are achieved and Loans are used to secure and protect profitable business.
• Experience working in the direct on-trade channel, managing own territory.
• A proven track record of managing a Profit & Loss account
• Ability to seek out and generate new business but also thrives on managing a strong account base.
• Experience in building collaborative relationships and conducting commercial negotiations with other key customer contacts.
• Relevant commercial sales responsibility in a successful FMCG business preferred
• Excellent history of negotiations with a proven track record within a result’s driven culture
• Structured selling skills combined with strong drive and energy
• Leadership skills, a strong team player with a proven track record of project management and the ability to work cross functionally
• An individual that has the courage and conviction to not only make considered decisions, but to stand by them.
• A team player who can adapt quickly and offer creative ideas to help move the business forward.
• Entrepreneurial and ambitious.
• Excellent engaging communication skills to be able to motivate & influence others.
• Passionate, resilient and persistent.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Able to work successfully both on their own or as part of a close-knit team.
• Ability to act at pace and think on their feet.
• Creative thinker, not afraid to challenge the previously accepted norm.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of:
• Extremely generous breakfast, lunch and dinner allowance
• 28 crates of beer per annum
• 10-20% Annual bonus
• Industry leading pension contribution
• Life assurance
• Dental insurance
• 25 days holiday (buy up to 5 more)
• Car allowance
(This role will be home based with travel across the South East - including Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire).