Innovation Delivery Project Manager
Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super-premium beers, bringing together iconic brands such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Fuller’s London Pride and Meantime. Our Vision is to be the leading super-premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. Not only for our consumers but also for you: a senior marketing professional with the ideas, appetite and expertise to change the way people think about beer.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
At Asahi UK, we embrace the very ethos of bringing the best quality of beer to life, through our premium brands and unique people. We pride ourselves on our ‘challenger mind-set’ and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles in a strongly self-invested manner, we unleash potential from within. We’re resourceful, innovative, united behind common business goals, well-defined processes and a robust strategy.
Having diverse brands as well as passionate and diverse people ensures we cherish and value differences and uniqueness. We are agile in our thinking, collaborative and creative in our approach, transparent in everything we do. Our people own their actions and have opportunities to lead change. For us, the drive for results and the thirst for success are synonymous with creating direct value for our consumers, our customers, our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
We have a very unique and exciting opportunity for an Innovation Delivery Project Manager to join our Asahi UK Trade Marketing team. As Innovation Project Manager you will support the delivery of the Innovation agenda across all Asahi UK brands in the UK/ IRE, building the business’ position as a category leader that breaks the category norms, both with consumers and customers, to achieve our growth objectives.
You will be responsible for supporting the Innovation Manager in the delivery of the innovation funnel for the UK & IRE, ensuring innovation initiatives are delivered in an efficient manner and at pace in market, engaging key stakeholders and adhering to the AGILE process. You will drive clear innovation project prioritisation and visibility for key stakeholders of the AUK innovation agenda status. You will also work with key creative agencies to support the delivery of the innovation funnel across packaging development, including insights agencies to test and review innovation projects effectively.
- Support in the delivery of the 3-year product and dispense innovation funnel that is continually refreshed by adding new concepts
- Be an advocate and ensure best practice of the Asahi UK AGILE innovation process with clear approvals process that drives efficiency within the business
- You will ensure all projects are commercially assessed as being viable and ensure there is accountability for commercial business cases being robust
- Formally evaluating key projects to get key learnings to optimise future projects as well as supporting to build business cases with the commercial/brand teams.
- Support the development and progression of projects through the Innovation AGILE processes which include but are not limited to:
- Artwork and packaging updates
- Delivery of seasonal calendars
- Lead best practice legal guidelines for packaging artwork to ensure consistency across total brand portfolio
- Drive best practice to optimise cross-functional on innovation projects by engaging relevant stakeholders and ensuring efficient and effective project delivery
- Evaluate projects through published performance trackers, against a pre-agreed time period; results shared back with the business
- Ensure all projects are delivered in line with the innovation budget
- Support the management of external agencies
- Apply internal packaging, brewery & dispense capability knowledge to successfully deliver projects
- Extensive experience in Blue Chip Marketing teams, with experience in FMCG beneficial.
- Experience in delivery of innovation projects (either in an innovation function or a brand team)
- Experience in managing and delivering simultaneous cross-functional projects
- Clear demonstration of thinking and acting as an owner; exercising financial acumen, making sound judgment
- Confident interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with agencies and influence stakeholders
Key attributes of the successful person
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- Strong communication skills - capable clearly and coherently delivering ideas that inspire
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively
- A proactive initiator with a positive, hands-on attitude.
- A flexible operator, able to balance ‘big company’ attitude with the resourcefulness required to achieve results within a small team
- Demonstrate personal accountability in project delivery
- Effective project management skills
- Results driven, fits naturally within a strong performance culture
- Ability to work in cross functional, multi skilled and multi-cultural environments
- Stability of performance under pressure
- Demonstrates a natural intrigue and interest in audience insights, trends and culture within the On Trade and Off Trade.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday