Are you an Engineer with experience in the Food and Beverage industry?
Are you a Team leader with an ability to lead your team to success?
Would you like to work with an aspirational Beer company?
If yes, The Meantime Brewing Company would love to hear from you…
Who are we?
Meantime is the UK’s leading modern craft brewery. Founded by Alastair Hook in 1999, the mission was and still is to change the way people think about beer!
Quality and passion are at the heart of everything that we do. We have always had a drive to continuously improve our beers and ensure that the beers are the best in the world. We have won Gold Medals in the World Beer Cup numerous times and were the first UK brewery to do so. We blend tradition and modern technology in our cutting-edge brewery based in Greenwich, South East London.
It is that commitment to quality that permeates across the business and lives within in every product we produce. Whether it is our first beer - Union lager through to our Yakima Red!
Since 2016 Meantime has been part of Asahi where we have been able to focus on improving our quality and driving our unending pursuit of great tasting session able and approachable beers. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
Meantime Brewing Company are opening the doors for engineering manager to take responsibility of our engineering function and wider team.
Leading from the front, this person will be responsible for the high performance of the team and of course the driving the highest standards of operations in terms of quality and safety standards.
Your key focus will be to ensure all production equipment is maintained to the highest levels to keep the brewery doing what it does best…. Brewing great beer!
• Ensure an effective maintenance service (both planned and reactive) is always maintained.
• Manage and improve planned maintenance schedules
• Managing ISO for engineering, specifically calibration
• Prepare and oversee insurance inspections
• Control Engineering stock to ensure adequate levels are maintained at all times with no shrinkage.
• Ensure that the team understand the strategy, their part in its achievement and the policy of maintaining & improving the individual quality & character of all products.
• Manage the engineering team allocating people and resources to tasks in the most efficient and effective way.
• Ensure excellent team communication is maintained and staff feel included and informed.
• Identify timely responses to overcome performance issues and ensure appropriate action is taken.
• Develop and manage the capability of the Engineering Team, ensuring they are able to meet the demands of the business.
• Overall responsibility for motivating, assessing training requirements and dealing with employee relations issues within the team.
Hygiene and H&S:
• We pride ourselves in the highest levels of quality across all areas of the business and it is your responsibility to meet and exceed hygiene and quality at all times.
• Looking after our people is key. So supporting the H&S team to ensure the safety of staff within the workplace is fundamental to the role.
• Ensure all legal requirements are always met, overseeing process control requirements.
• Ensure safe systems of work are always in place
Your Ideal Experience:
• An experience Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with an HNC in Engineering.
• An understanding of food safety standards and good manufacturing practice.
• Experience of working in the food manufacturing industry.
• Good understanding of health and safety, especially relating to:
o Steam generation
o Compressed air generation
• Ability to motivate and lead the team to inspire them to be safe and maintain our quality standards.
• A confident, determined character with the ability to communicate amongst a variety of people from customers to contractors to Managers and Directors.
• Ability to establish trust and rapport with our internal stakeholders.
• Hands-on and proactive approach with a positive "can do" attitude.
• Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload.
• Good planning and organisational skills with an ability to operate independently and an attention to detail.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
• Knowledge in terms of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this department.
The Meantime Brewery is based in Greenwich
Nearest Tube: North Greenwich
Nearest Overground: Greenwich or Maze Hill