Draught Technical Development Manager
Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super premium beers, bringing together Asahi Super Dry with Peroni Nastro Azzurro, our Belgian abbey beer St Stefanus, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel as well as Polish brands Lech and Tyskie. Our Vision is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi Europe Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
We are currently looking for a Draught Technical Development Manager who will be responsible for developing AUK's beer quality and technical installation standards and process guidelines, which ensure a consistent quality draught beer experience in outlet. We adopt the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to our customers and the process guidelines are critical in supporting a quality consumer in glass experience. Along with this the role will be responsible for ensuring the dispense solution and process guidelines meet cost and environmental targets and considers particular customer/outlet requirements.
The role is custodian of AUKs technical standards library and responsible for the upkeep of the records to ensure the technical and quality teams have a clear framework providing confidence to apply the standards using these tools to confidently promote our standards above our competitors.
- Draught Technical Specification and ManualsTechnical Development and Evaluation
- Training and development
- Health and Safety
- Customer Support
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on draught beer/drinks dispense systems
- Ability to produce engaging training material and documentation
- Experience in developing and implementing a structured technical documentation library
- Experience in working in cross functional teams providing technical support
- Ability to establish and run an equipment evaluation programme communicating clearly the results and recommendations
- Experience implementing and managing a Health and Safety scheme for field based engineering teams (H&S qualification preferable)
- Experience in evaluating draught dispense equipment (full or part) to drive improvement and efficiencies
- Understanding of the brewing process and its impact on quality.
- Licensed trade knowledge advantageous
- Prior experience of driving the quality agenda through innovation and training
- Good PC skills; Excel (advanced); Word & PowerPoint (proficient); CRM (advantageous)and mobile facilities management systems
Key Attributes of the Successful Person:
- Strong quality focused mind.
- Passionate and engaging with an ability to deliver a firm belief in the brands.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and good analytical skills.
- Able to work within a Head Office environment with the ability to communicate and influence both senior stakeholders and other departments within the business.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to train on a one to one and group basis
- Good communicator
- Methodical approach to evaluation and problem solving
On Offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Daily lunch allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday