Asahi is more than a beer. Our name connects a diverse portfolio of super-premium beers, bringing together iconic brands such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Fuller’s London Pride and Meantime. Our Vision is to be the leading super-premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. Not only for our consumers but also for you: a senior marketing professional with the ideas, appetite and expertise to change the way people think about beer.
Back in October 2016 Miller Brands UK became Asahi UK Ltd, a subsidiary of Asahi International Ltd. From that moment, we embraced the Asahi ethos of bringing the best quality beer brands to life. It calls for a combination of exceptional products and truly outstanding people. A blend of talent, with a thirst for achievement, success and continuous improvement. Asahi Holdings is the 10th largest beer company by volume in the world and Asahi UK (AUK) is fast establishing a reputation as an exciting, engaging and challenging place to work. Our vision is ambitious, but the structure, plans and commitment are in place to achieve it.
At Asahi UK, we embrace the very ethos of bringing the best quality of beer to life, through our premium brands and unique people. We pride ourselves on our ‘challenger mind-set’ and entrepreneurial spirit. By owning what we do and approaching our roles in a strongly self-invested manner, we unleash potential from within. We’re resourceful, innovative, united behind common business goals, well-defined processes and a robust strategy.
Having diverse brands as well as passionate and diverse people ensures we cherish and value differences and uniqueness. We are agile in our thinking, collaborative and creative in our approach, transparent in everything we do. Our people own their actions and have opportunities to lead change. For us, the drive for results and the thirst for success are synonymous with creating direct value for our consumers, our customers, our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate.
As our business continues to grow and we align our teams to deliver our ambitious plans we have a unique and very exciting opportunity for a Brand Manager – London Pride to join our Asahi UK Marketing team.
You will liaise with a number of internal customers including, the Global Brand Team, Customer Marketing, Finance, Insight, Sales (particularly Future Growth channel team), Supply Chain. You will also work with external customers, including PR and Events agencies and Third-party events partners
As our business continues to grow and we align our teams to deliver our ambitious plans we have a unique and hugely exciting opportunity for a Brand Manager to join our Asahi UK Marketing team, to lead one of the most iconic Ale brands in the UK – London Pride.
Brewed at the Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, London, since the 1950s, London Pride is unmistakably London's beer. As Fuller’s flagship beer, London Pride is a true classic of the capital – not just made in London but made of London.
As the Brand Manager – London Pride you will be responsible for delivering the execution and activation as per the integrated market plan. You will work closely with the Senior Brand Activation Manager Portfolio. You will liaise with a number of internal customers including, the Global Brand Team, Customer Marketing, Finance, Insight, Sales (particularly Future Growth channel team), Supply Chain. You will also work with external customers, including PR and Events agencies and Third-party events partners.
- Passionately manage the quality of execution through to placement whilst at the same time managing key stakeholders across the business
- Translate Global toolkits to develop and implement a 360 Brand plan for the UK
- Ownership of the brand’s P&L – focusing on the key lines you have the capability to commercially influence
- Deliver marketing initiatives that drive consumer engagement and enhance brand perception with a strong focus on experience and events
- Manage key agency brand marketing interface (PR, Events) with a view to fostering exceptional working relationships to ensure successful implementation of these plans
- End to end project management – defining a range of projects and executing within strict timelines and with multiple deadlines across the business
- Regular reporting and evaluation of performance against the approved strategy including commercial and consumer metrics – identifying areas for performance improvement
- Review and adapt plans to meet commercial and consumer brand performance targets
- Monitor and analyse consumer trends and understand the impact on execution
- Experience in a marketing management or brand management position in an international FMCG company
- UK alcohol industry and premium brand experience would be beneficial, with a strong preference for previous beer experience
- Understanding of best practice marketing principles and techniques with particular focus on brand building, effective media planning and a strong understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing brand communications plan with success
- Strong media planning experience, including out of home press, social and partnerships
- Experience in managing relationships beyond direct control
- Proven experience of delivering extraordinary results
- Demonstration of ability to communicate at all levels – up and down, internal, external and to influence and achieve results through others
- Ability to communicate plans clearly and to the point – excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Key attributes of the successful person
- Strong interpersonal skills to build positive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation
- Strong communication skills. Be capable to clearly and coherently deliver ideas that inspire
- Results driven, fits naturally within a strong performance culture
- Maintains focus on the key goals to achieve ambitious results for the business and deliver them through strong resilience, choiceful decisions and agility in thinking with the right quality and speed
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate effectively
- A proactive initiator. Positive, hands-on attitude. Flexible operator, able to balance ‘big company’ attitude with the resourcefulness required to achieve results within a small team
- Demonstrate personal accountability in project delivery
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work in cross functional, multi skilled and multi-cultural environments
- Stability of performance under pressure
- Natural intrigue and interest in audience insights, trends and culture
- Sets aspirational targets, aims for full potential and influences key stakeholders to deliver high-quality outputs and experiences for our customers and consumers.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday