Account Development Manager
Asahi UK is more than just a beer company. We are the leading super-premium beer business in the UK driven through a compelling brand proposition including Peroni Nastro Azzurro, London Pride, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Pilsner Urquell and Polish brands such as Lech and Tyskie.
This is a hugely exciting time to join the business. Asahi is entering into a new phase of its journey in the UK following its recent acquisition of Fuller’s in April 2019, which has massively increased the operational footprint in the UK bringing an expanded portfolio - now including cask ales and ciders for the first time.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Development Manager to join our fast-paced, business-critical Liverpool city Sales team. Your primary responsibilities as an Account Development Manager will be to maintain our network of current clients within the territory and develop new business.
Our Liverpool city position will offers a fantastic opportunity for the individual to work with some of the most current and edgy outlets across the Liverpool city territory area. With support, initiative and a strategic mindset, you’ll drive organic growth and build long term customer loyalty.
Your key responsibilities as an Account Development Manager will include:
• Maintain and grow our presence within strategic locations across your respective geography on our key brands such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry and Meantime;
• Managing key customer accounts, you will meet KPIs by making site visits and developing joint business plans, and managing a territory file.
• Maintaining a database within our CRM system, producing regular reports;
• Work closely with the Customer Development Executive sales team to produce appropriate activations;
• Assist with the training and development of the CDE sales team;
• Observe best practices and ensure cost-effectiveness by tailoring a channel activity program to individual retailer needs;
• Monitor and evaluate activity within the Field Sales and Account teams
This role will allow you to gain a deep understanding of a strong and growing business, and to drive company performance through your own initiative and ideas.
Your ideal background / experience:
• Ideally a proven sales record within a major FMCG or drinks company, although other sales backgrounds will certainly be considered;
• Strong account management experience;
• Demonstrated structured selling skills;
• An understanding of brand plans at Point of Purchase;
• Strong commercial acumen;
• A creative flair with the ability to apply innovative thinking when planning channel activity and events;
• The ability to present and communicate to a high standard;
• The ability to build a mutually beneficial business plan.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
• Annual bonus
• Car Allowance
• Extremely generous breakfast, lunch and dinner allowance
• 28 crates of beer per annum
• Industry-leading pension contribution
• Life assurance
• Dental insurance
• 25 days’ holiday
This role will be contracted from home with expected travel within the territory.
Please send your application to Harriet.Yates@asahibeer.eu